Friday, September 18, 2009
Day 2: Sore as hell.
I'm sore today. My chest, triceps, shoulders, and somewhere around my upper side...and because of today's workout (plyometrics), I can already feel my ass cheeks getting sore. And on top of it all, the lower left side of my back has been giving me some problems lately and it has been sore as well (though I don't think the workouts have been contributing to that). Come to think of it, my back is what brought me into this whole P90X business in the first place...to make a short story long, last week I took my first yoga class thinking that it may relieve me of some of the back problems I've been having lately. So Kate and I both went and took the kids, as they have childcare at the facility. The class went ok, but it ended a little crazy as the class finished later than the childcare was open for (the kids ended up joining us in the studio for the "relaxation" part)...plus, I didn't think the teacher was very yoga like (whatever that means) but it left me wanting to explore more. We'll the other day, I thought it would be a good idea to try another yoga class. I've never really been into taking exercise classes, so it took me a bit to psyche myself up to go to this thing alone, but I did. Actually, I got pretty excited to go, as it was in the middle of the workday and I was ready for a break ( I was "working from home" that day). So I got dressed in my best yoga clothes (basketball shorts and t-shirt), had my new yoga mat from target in hand, and was ready to do some serious yoga...except I could'nt find my my friggin' car keys! Since I didn't want to be there early, I left myself just enough time to get there, which didn't leave me much time to look for the keys. After frantically searching the house for a few minutes, I gave up, completely dejected and annoyed and feeling really dumb. As I was wallowing in my own stupidity, I remembered I had borrowed the P90x videos from my buddy John. He had told me he had been doing the P90X yoga videos, so I thought I would give it a try...but instead of doing the yoga part, I thought it would be a good time to just start the damn program... so here I am, sore as hell and blogging about it...(Kate says I have to post everyday)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment