workout: yoga x
was that the same workout i did last week and hated? so much has changed in a week already! it wasn't bad at all, in fact i found myself enjoying it...imagine that. i still am not able to swing my foot all the way into runners stretch but i made it all the way to the right angle pose during the vinyasa part of the workout before i started 'cheating' in the transitions. i found this which i like:
The purpose of vinyasa is to create heat in the body, which leads to purification of the body through increased circulation and sweating. Ashtanga Vinyasa brings in the principles of Agni and inversion to purify the entire body. It also improves flexibility, as well as tendon and hard tissue strength, allowing the student to practice advanced asanas with reduced risk of injury.
don't get me wrong, it is still a kick-ass workout! in fact, it is the hardest yoga i have ever done...joon and i were joking that getting used to this will ruin us for the standard yoga classes that i go to from time to time. oh well! maybe at that point i will finally have the courage to try bikram!
Sunday, September 27, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I'm so glad to hear it's going better than expected. I have to cheat through the transitions too, although I do remember when I tried it at the gym, by the 3rd or 4th time, I was able to kick my foot through finally - hopefully the same will happen here! Great job on keeping it up! You're almost through 2 weeks!
ReplyDelete