so, it happened. the distractions, life, time. we got off track and i skipped two days. after much consideration and discussions with joon, we decided to push the great 'reset' button on the week. i was having a hard time with workouts on both weekend days and didn't really need a day of rest on wednesday. SO, we are starting the week now, on monday, so that our 7th day will fall on sunday and we can take that as a rest day. i also like that it leaves me the option of doubling up on fridays so that i can take the weekend off. it is just hard, with such little family time during the week, to make the time for the videos on the weekend. i just want down time then. give me the craziness all week long, but don't make me set my alarm on the weekend!
chest and back again today, tomorrow plyo. repeating the week 3 schedule.
a note on the diet aspect. since my goal here is to get in better shape and lose weight, i am going to stop following the nutrition plan that p90x sets. instead, i am going to focus on a calorie-based, lower carb, higher protein eating plan. i am having a hard time just fitting it all in and at the same time i do not want to give up, so i am going to try and loosen up a bit in certain places in hopes of keeping the bigger picture together.
Monday, October 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Kate - good for you hitting reset! Life can easily get in the way, but pushing through is awesome! I know I've been a little frustrated with the scale as well - although seeing improvement with strength. I'm hoping giving it a few more weeks I'll start to see the difference. Hopefully I can adjust the weekends a bit since that tends to be where I probably lose all my hard work. Switching to where you have a weekend rest day should make it easier as well. My sister and I start on Sunday - that way we can do our workout Friday morning, and then Sunday night and have the entire weekend to have fun. I hope that helps a lot for you! Sounds like we may be close on the same "days" if you want to keep each other motivated and on track!
ReplyDeletekristin! thank you...i needed a bit of outside perspective. i love the plan that you and your sister came up with to have the weekend free and still get your workouts in. great idea!
ReplyDeletei think cheering each other on is a fantastic idea as well. go us!